- The total body Skin for the 2009-2013 Apple MacBook, 15-inch Aluminum model with the non-removable battery, launched 6/8/2009. Coverage includes the top, bottom and outside edges and the wrist rest and track pad on the inside. All screws remain accessible so removal of the Skin is not necessary for service.
- The Top Skin and/or the Bottom Skin options are available for purchase separately.
- The Wrist Rest / Track Pad and Sides Kit Only for the 2009-2013 MacBook combines all the other pieces (except the Top Skin and Bottom Skin) into one kit.
Confirmed: This Skin is compatible with the MacBook Pro models introduced on 6.11.12.
Customer Reviews (0)
- Great ProductReview by Jah Beanz
Quality Price Value
- Excellent Protection for MacBook ProReview by Bruce
Price Value Quality
- Really niceReview by pixel squid
Price Value Quality
The skin works very well and people wonder if I bought a special shiny version of the MacBook Pro when they see it!
The top was probably the hardest to put on, I would suggest to make sure you have enough solution on it so you can make adjustments. You also should clean the top as much as possible or you will end up with dust particles under the skin.
Once the top is on an lined up as perfectly as you can make it, I suggest you let it dry for at least a full day. Then, take a pair of small nail scissors or some other fine scissors and trim any parts of the skin that are hanging over the edge of the laptop lid.
This will prevent you from accidentally peeling part of the skin off, especially in the corners (those areas can also collect dust if left hanging). If you lined it up really well you may only need to trim the corners for this.
After I've done the above I have a pretty nice clean setup. The palm rest skins are also really really useful.
Good protection from scratches and palm sweat, doesn't get in the way once applied well. Looks nice and shiny!
(Posted on 12/9/13)